|2007-09||Central Michigan (Assistant Head Coach/Wide Receivers)|
|2003-06||Bowling Green (Wide Receivers)|
|2001-02||Bowling Green (Graduate Assistant, Offense)|
|1999-2000||Valparaiso (Wide Receivers)|
- Helped Central Michigan capture their third conference title in 2009 and secure a fourth straight January bowl appearance.
- Coached a pair of wide receivers to all-MAC honors in 2009 as Antonio Brown was a first-team selection and Bryan Anderson was named to the second team.
- The Chippewas had eight players catch a touchdown pass and five players with at least 30 catches in 2008. Brown and Anderson each earned first-team All-MAC honors after the 2008 season.
- In 2007, his position group produced the top pass-catching combination in school history as Anderson and Brown a combined for 192 catches, 2,135 yards and 16 touchdowns.
- Prior to joining the Central Michigan staff, Azzanni spent the previous six seasons at Bowling Green. He coached the wide receivers from 2003-06, leading a group that broke nearly every school receiving record.
- Coached Charles Sharon, BGSUs all-time leader in receptions (232), receiving yards (3,450) and touchdown catches (34).
- In 2004, he coached a group that produced four receivers with 1,000 yards receiving.
Prominent Players Coached
- WR ANTONIO BROWN, CMU: One of just two players in NCAA history to earn all-conference first-team honors at three positions (WR, PR, KR in 2008) in the same season. Was a two-time All-MAC first-team receiver (08, 09) under Azzanni. He was second team all-conference in 2007. Had two seasons over 1,000 yards receiving at Central Michigan and ranks second in MAC history with 305 career receptions. Had a streak of 41 straight games with a catch. Surpassed 3,100 receiving yards in his career and had 22 touchdowns. Also rushed for over 500 yards and 4 touchdowns in his career and amassed over 3400 return yards with five return touchdowns.
- WR BRYAN ANDERSON, CMU: A first-team All-MAC selection in 2008 and second-team pick in 2007 and 2009. Ranks third all-time in MAC history with 290 career receptions. Established an NCAA mark with a catch in 54 consecutive games. Totaled more than 3,600 yards receiving and had 28 touchdowns in his career.
- WR CHARLES SHARON, BGSU: Holds school records for career touchdown catches (34) and receiving yards (3,450) as a Falcon. Also set the record for career receptions (232) that has since been passed. Had back-to-back 1000-yard receiving seasons as a junior and senior
NFL Players (Round Drafted)
- WR Steve Sanders (UFA) Bowling Green 06 Cleveland Browns
- WR Charles Sharon (UFA) Bowling Green 06 Jacksonville Jaguars
- WR Cole Magner (UFA) Bowling Green 05 Atlanta Falcons
Birthdate: Aug. 10. 1976
Hometown: Utica, Michigan
Education: Central Michigan (1999)
Family: Married to Julia Azzanni. Has two daughters, Ava and Lyla.
Bowl Games as a Coach
- 2003: Motor City
- 2004: GMAC
- 2007: Motor City
- 2008: Motor City
- 2009: Motor City
- 2010: Sugar