FAQ – Youth Camps
- What form must be filled out and signed for camp participation?
- Consent form with parent signature
- Current insurance information
- Physician’s statement (or physical performed within on year of camp)
- Do I need medical insurance to attend camp?
Campers must have medical insurance. The camp carries an EXCESS medical insurance policy to cover medical expenses for injuries/accidents which occur in the course of camp activities. Medical expenses, including any deductibles, which are declined for payment through the camper’s personal insurance and/or through the excess policy become the personal responsibility of the camper’s parents/guardians
If you don’t have medical insurance, you can purchase insurance for the week at floridianquote.com/uf-athletics-camp-insurance.
- Can I send a physical instead of getting a doctor’s signature?
We only accept a physical that has been completed within one year of the last day of your camp’s camp session. Physicals can be sent by emailing a scanned version to volleyballcamp [at] gators.ufl.edu or by faxing it to 352-375-7807.
- Where is check-in and check-out?
All registration will take place at Gate 1 of the O’Connell Center located on Gale Lemerand Drive on campus.
- When is check-in and check out?
- Check-in daily: 9:00am
- Check-out daily: 4:00pm
- Check out Friday: 12:00pm
- Is lunch provided?
Yes. All Youth Campers will be provided lunch Monday-Thursday.
- What attire should campers wear?
Athletic shoes (no sandals) and clothing are mandatory. Knee pads are recommended.
- May parents watch?
Parents are welcome and encouraged to watch their children. We request that you sit and watch in the designated sections for viewing in the facilities. If a facility does not have a designated section to watch, feel free to sit in any area that won’t be disruptive to camp activity.
- Can a Youth Camper be picked up by someone besides a camper’s parent?
A parent may provide the name of an individual at check-in that they will allow to pick up their child. This individual will be allowed to sign the camper out at the end of the day with proper photo ID.
- Will campers be able to purchase Florida Volleyball Camp attire?
Merchandise will be available for purchase ONLY at registration and check-out at a designated location at Gate 1 of the O’Connell Center.
- What is the refund policy?
Cancellations due to injury, with medical documentation provided by a physician, will be refunded in full minus the online processing fees. Cancellations for any other reason will be refunded all but the $50 non-refundable deposit and the online processing fees. Once camp begins, refunds will ONLY be given in the event the camper is injured or ill and must depart from camp.